janeiro 08, 2008


- Lola? If I were to die right now, what would you do?

- I wouldn't let you die.

- Yeah, but if I was deathly ill, and there wasn't any possibility of saving me?

- I'd find one.

- But let's just say I'm lying in a coma, and the doctor says, any day now.

- I'd drive you out to the ocean and toss you in the water. Shock therapy.

- Yeah, great, but if I were still dead?

- What do you want to hear?

- Just tell me, okay?

- I'd go to Rügen and spread your ashes in the wind.

- And then?

- How should I know? Such a dumb question.

- Well, I know. You'd forget about me.

- No way.

- Yeah, yeah, for sure. At first, you wouldn't be able to live any longer. I mean, of course you'd cry, especially the first week. Everything totally emotional and depressing and... it's all so endlessly sad. You'll always be deathly tired, at first. And you can show everyone how really strong you're being. 'Oh, what a poor woman', they'd all say. 'She's got such a grip on herself and isn't hysterical, doesn't cry the whole day away or anything like that...' And then, all of a sudden, here comes this interesting nice type with those green eyes. And he's so supersensitive, listens all day long, and banters so wonderfully. And then you can tell him how bad things have been for you and that for the first time you have to take care of yourself and that you don't know how to go on with things and blah, blah, blah. And then, finally, you're sitting on his lap, and I'm scratched off the list. That's how it goes.

- Manni.

- What?

- You're not dead now.

Nenhum comentário: